Friday, May 18, 2012

Do Pastors Need Fashion Help?

Pity John the Baptist, a life of fashion faux-pas. If only there was someone who could have helped him out!

Today, there is at least one pastor who thinks that fellow pastors need to step up their fashion game... The Houston Chronicle reports that Pastor Ed Young of Fellowship Church, in Grapevine Texas, is diligently working on this pressing issue. Pastor Young created www.PastorFashion.com as a way to assist pastors stay current with looking good. Periodic tips on how to dress, what type of tie to wear, color coordination, and the latest on how to cuff your pants... A one stop shop for Pastor-Fashionistas.

Is this new movement to aid pastors -wise, foolish, or needed?

Have you experienced a Pastor who was in desperate need of fashion advice? Share a funny story of a Pastor who missed the fashion boat. Just remember your Pastor may read this post!


2 comments:

JillB said...

Here's a tip Pastor Jonathan - lose the hat from the picture to the right, and post a new picture! :)

Jenny Maas said...

I remember a time, back in my old church, I became bored with the homily and my eyes began to wander. Lo and behold, what did I see peeking out from under the priest's clerical robe? Alligator cowboy boots! For the rest of the mass, I could not stop looking at or wondering about those boots.
Pastor Jonathan, thank you for sermons that never bore me - I could not tell you what kind of shoes you wear!